Saturday, May 02, 2009

Run/Walk 2009

So, the race.

Thank you so much to everyone who donated to the cause this year. I raised nearly 700 dollars. Blows my mind, especially in this economy.

The race was as exciting as ever. The rain held out for us! I sent an email to my team saying I would be there around 8 to stake out a spot and hold our sign. When it came time for me to leave, I thought: really...why am I going so early? no one is going to get there an hour early to wait around with me. I am just going to chill and take my time. At 8 the phone rang: We're here...where are you?

Uh....at my apartment.

Whoops. I guess after years of being miss early, I have trained people. Sorry guys. Thanks for picking up the sign and staking out the spot.

I ended up losing my entire team, but one friend and we chatted the entire way. I missed out on observing all the peops, but managed to photograph a few inspirations...Pink-haired lady:


Giant Pooch:

Mother/son team:


We finished in about an hour. My legs were a little sore....

This afternoon I practiced for a reading I am doing on Tuesday at NYU, and by 12:45, when my posse still hadn't returned, the only logical thing to do was to get some zzzz's. I got a half hour, broke for lunch and then DH and I convinced the Disney Channel to babysit for us so we could catch a few more hours. I finally feel rested. Even got some laundry and PTA stuff done tonight. Woo-hoo.

2 comments:

Heather said...

It was a great day! I am so happy we participated in the race again. Can't wait for 2010. :)

evie parks said...

Looks like a great time.
My hubby was down that way yesterday and said it was quite the sight!
Props to you guys for participating...wish I could've been a part of it!