Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brooklyn Bridge

We could see the clouds rolling in. We decided to start our trek anyway.



As we gazed over the river and felt the drops, Jason tried to tell me it was like when we went to Niagara, just a little mist from the river, from all the way down there.

It was rain.

We were in the perfect spot when the rain began. We were blocked by the arches for about half of the downpour.




Then it encroached on our little space and we cuddled under the umbrella for the other half, as we watched drenched walkers seek cover in our spot.

Except for Jumprope Guy.

After 10 minutes of rain-cuddling, a magnificent rainbow, followed by the rest of our walk and dinner in Tribeca.

We watched the sunset and the moon come out, and were home just a little after 9 pm.



All thanks to our friends, who watched the mini-posses.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi, my name is Robyn and I live in Boston. I'm a friend of KJ Miller, who told me about your blog. I'm 28, a pharmacist in Boston, and I've recently had 2 tonic-clonic (grand mal) seizures. KJ thought I might be interested in your blog and gave me the address. I hope you don't mind if I read your blog. You're welcome to read mine:
http://www.crseely.blogspot.com/
(I called it Peer Pressure because I finally gave into blogging after all my friends started). Best wishes, Robyn Seely

beth said...

So fun. I never did the Brooklyn Bridge either.... loooooove your red shirt.

LMT said...

Cool pictures and what a fun date.

NTG said...

Fun night! You guys look so cute!