Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

To My Dad on Father's Day:

What a job it is to raise 4 children! Thanks for letting me be one of them. I know I have been a challenge from the start: (How ya doin' Rat Face?). Thanks for sticking with me. My girls love you so much too...you are a great Papa to them. Happy Father's Day!

And to the father of my children:

Jason, you hold this family together. You have strong broad shoulders that we just willy nilly throw ourselves on. Thanks for being our rock in the storm.

When I watched the Dad in Next to Normal I thought of you a lot, and these lyrics sung by DAN in the musical by Brian Yorkey and music by Tom Kitt, sum up who you are:

Cause I'm holding on
and I won't let go
I just thought you should know

I am the one who knows you
I am the one who cares
I am the one who's always been there

We love you so.




3 comments:

DTA said...

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I’m living
my daughter you'll be.

Adapted from a book by Robert Munsch ,“I’ll Love You Forever”, http://www.robertmunsch.com )

Linz said...

Tearjerker from DTA there, sheesh.

Love the last pic.

Angie said...

Thanks for the words to the Next to Normal song. I like reading them.

I also love that last picture.