Thursday, July 09, 2009

Barbie and the Rockers

My favorite Barbie of my lifetime, is the original (not the second round) Barbie and the Rockers.

And there she was just sitting there on the shelves of FAO Shcwarz. What? Though I am positive I have my original Barbie in THAT outfit under a bed at my parent's house, it was still really hard for me NOT to buy this.

Don't worry. I didn't.

Instead I took her picture with a Barbie of my mom's that I used to play with. That black, sparkly dress shed. A lot.

7 comments:

Natasha said...

I think I had a "round two" barbie and the rockers. She came with a cassette tape. I can still sing the song!

Elizabeth B. said...

I don't remember this Barbie, but VERY COOL. I had Gem from Gem and the Holograms.

Chris said...

I saw all those dated year Barbies at ToysRUs a couple months ago. They were having a sale on them, if you bought one you got another one for free.

Megan & David Greenberg said...

holy blast from the past! that's the exact barbie in the exact outfit i had, too! and i had the barbie and the rockers stage. ah, life was so simple then.

Melissa said...

I'm totally with Natasha on this one! I think some of the songs were, "Doctor Doctor," by Thompson Twins, and "Electric Avenue." Our Barbie may have come wearing a clock shirt..(?)

Linz said...

Wow that takes me back.

Barbie...AND THE ROCKERS!

MKC said...

I loved Barbie and the Rockers! My sister had this one and I had Midge (the redheaded one.) I think my sister also had Derek from The Rockers as well. I was also a Gem fan and had her as well. What a blast from the past! I'm totally going to have to check these out at the store.