Sunday, July 05, 2009

GULP

Gratitude.
Unity.
Love.
Peace.

Jason put us through some painting hell projects this weekend. Our holiday almost squeaked by. I finished up my little project and told him to plan it. He did a phenomonal job.

We went to WestPoint to see the works. It was fascinating to see the new recruits preparing to march in as the class of 2013!






The band played for over an hour. We didn't get there early enough to have great seats for that, but we could hear them playing, and we took a peak at the gorgeous Hudson River view:

The fireworks were multi-layered. I could see some come up from behind the mountain, and across the river and then, ours. In this photo you can see the small works are from across the river...it was perfect weather, perfect company and we had such a great time. Good job Jason!

4 comments:

Corinne said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous you were there. My bro-in-law had such a fantastic time at West Point, he's so thrilled to be back up there again. He told me about how awesome that concert was and how someday I had to try it. Maybe next year :) I'm glad YOU had a great time, though!

evie parks said...

Phoebe got her hair cut! Looks cute!

beth said...

I LOVE West Point!

LMT said...

Wow, that sounds like such a fun 4th. What did you paint?