Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 1

My sistahs and I are starting the Artist's Way by Julie Cameron this week.

I did the program back in 2005, but I am returning now. And I'm already scared.

Week 1: Recovering a Sense of Safety. This morning I start up my morning pages again after a 4 year absence (actually I did a few morning pages right before HB08 too, but not the full program).

I am going to have a little trip down my artist's memory lane throughout the program.

The first time I remember singing publicly, I was about 5 years old. My sister and I were singing a church primary song: I love to see the temple in front of the Women in our ward. Early on in the song she bailed and went to sit with mom, and I made it just a little longer without her, until I found myself in her lap too.

Pictured below is an early memory for me, one of my earliest as SINGER. I remember I was singing with a boy who I thought was a microphone hog, and his mom is playing the piano, she wrote the song we are singing. The only thing I remember about it is the word persevere, (I am sure I did not know what that meant), and that we were coached by Lynn Bodily, who was one of my first cheerleaders, and remains one to this day.




No comments: