Sunday, August 30, 2009

Celebration.

We celebrated!

First stop: craftsteak. We are Top Chef fans, so we wanted to check out one of Tom's restaurants. The food was very delicious, service excellent, our bellies, full.


Mom, I took a picture of the rolls for you:

We skipped dessert even though Jason heard there was an amazing pastry chef on staff. We walked across Manhattan to The Stand for milkshakes.

I took the opportunity to announce our anniversary on the bathroom walls, that's two years in a row that we have written on restaurant walls in celebration! (we wrote on Gino's East's walls last year in Chicago)

Jason got chocolate and I got toasted marshmallow. I heard about it here. Jason asked what it tasted like, and it tasted just like the marshmallows I burn in the campfire. I no longer need to go camping.


We ended the evening on the High Line. We enjoyed sitting beneath the Standard Hotel and imagining how cool it would be to stay there. Alas, we had to get home to the product of our 11-year union.

At 1:11 AM we tag-teamed the accident in the bathroom. Took us 7 minutes exactly to strip her down, wash her, wash the soiled clothes, get her new jammies and pop her back into bed. 7 years ago that would have taken us much longer.

We've come a long way.

2 comments:

A-me said...

congrats :)

wendysue said...

Congrats you two! LOVE that last picture.