Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Oh no.

I thought our summer was going so well. I was looking forward to the rest of it, and the adventures yet to be had.

Yesterday I snapped. I am like DONE with being mom, making food, cleaning (NOT actually) house, having kids just not obeying at ALL. Add to it the fact that nothing work-wise has picked up (perhaps the real source of my discontent), and I made a complete 180 degree turn from being so happy it was summer and happy we still had some more left, to the first day of school couldn't come any sooner.

I might just need a break from the kiddos. My friend must have ESP, like she predicted this would happen this week, only knew LAST week...on Friday she asked if she could take my kids for a day THIS week. How can I say no? And it's tomorrow and tomorrow couldn't come any quicker.

I actually told my children today their job was to find a new mom. They thought I was joking, no, not teasing, and their feelings were hurt, but, ha-ha that's so funny mom!

All I want to do is sit on my couch and read Harry Potter #7 (I am about 3/4 done) and Julie and Julia (I love it so far, I have been to all the places she goes to, and I can really relate to her life!). I am going to treat myself to seeing the film as soon as I can, Times Traveler's Wife too.

Ok. 4 weeks until the first day. I can do this. I CAN do this.




12 comments:

bspeck said...

Oh! I've so been there before. Actually, I'm there a lot.

A woman at church made a comment about her kids that I think makes a lot of sense. Her kids were all teenagers and she said that as a mother she was better suited for "older" kids. She recalled her kids being really difficult for her when they were young and found much more joy in motherhood as her kids got older. When my kids are making me batty (daily?) I have to wonder if I'm better suited for older kids.

That being said, Ben started kindergarten and I totally cried wanting him to stay home! Heh!

jlk said...

Ha. I quit my job as mom about once a month. Hopefully your away time will do you some good!

hdknowles said...

I know books are better than movies, but Julie and Julia is a great movie (don't listen to those reviewers who are not impressed with the actress playing Julie). DH and I saw it this weekend and laughed out loud throughout the movie. You always have a place in DC if you need a little break from the girls - and many people think boys are harder than girls - if they only knew (speaking from experience).

Rachel H said...

There must be something in the air. I told my husband today as we were driving in the car and my oldest two were really annoyingly wrestle-fighting in thier seats behind me.. "God help me."

He was like, "WhaT?"

And I was like..."I just need him to help me survive being home with these kids. That's all."

Tracy M said...

Yep, something in the air- I feel it too this year. Counting the days until school starts...

LMT said...

Haha. See you at 9am.

Tandy said...

I have hit my limit too! I fully believe that every mom needs a break in order to be her best self. It's great when you have friends that can help you with that when needed. I have had a friend watch my girls while I've come home to clean, lounge, and nap. Sometimes that is exactly what I need - my house to myself! :) Enjoy your day off!

Corinne said...

Oh friend. I have actually said to my children (especially my daughter). WHO would you like me to call and ask them to be your new mom? I'll call them RIGHT NOW.

I feel your pain :)

kristie sessions said...

oh, i hear ya on that one. i have been DONE for almost a full week now.... with no end in sight. can I go to the movies with you??

Amee said...

Me too!! But we homeschool, so theres no break there for me. It must just be something in the air, lol. My 2y/o is going to be the death of me!

jlk said...

This has nothing to do with this post, but have you seen the new American Girl violin set? I just saw it and it made me think of Phoebe.

Kage said...

Girls! I know! I feel much better though...see above post.

jlk, yup, we do have that.....it's pretty cute.