Monday, September 28, 2009

Here comes the bride.


A Handful of Frames by Bob Curtis.

The man at the table called himself the Mayor of Coney Island. We spent a long time shooting with him. He was hard of hearing, had some pretty strong body odor and a happy spirit about him. I loved his chains and rabbits foot:

I liked the series we did at SHOOT THE FREAK. This one was hard on the abs, but it looks good:

My heels were the exact size of the cracks between the boards. I got my heels stuck about a million times. I am grateful they did not break, or that my ankle didn't break. I was the clumsiest bride on the boardwalk that day...ok, the only bride.

The Water was the perfect way to end the day. It was so hot out. The water felt SO good. The waves were a little rough and I got pummeled a few times.



10 comments:

Lisa said...

These are so fabulous! I love them. Where was Coney Island in 1998??!!!

D said...

I love the first one. Seems like there is a good story behind it.

kj said...

The "nothing doctored real" setting made such an interesting backdrop. The first one with you on the end of the bench made me laugh. Leaning under the banner was so unique, & pondering the vicissitudes of married life in murky & calm waters very unexpected.

Bek said...

Those are really cool. I am just a long time reader (and I was in NYC this last weekend for a National Parks thing and thought of you living there with your family all the time...we are considering a move --but we have four kids--...) ANYWAY...

I was about to check your blog and I saw one of your pictures (I think it was a stock photo) on my Yahoo Page, advertising Yahoo. Not sure if you always know what they are using.... It is the one with you leaning over a dad and a baby dressed in a white bunting (with what looks like bunny ears on it???).

Anway, great photos, glad the doctor stuff is going better and love the little glimpses into your life..

Linz said...

These are super fun

Anonymous said...

did anyone think you were a real couple? like did they stop and congratulate you or something?

Kage said...

Bel... Ah yes, stock strikes again... I won't lie, 4 kids in the city... Would be quite a change!

Anon, yes tons of people blessed us and congratulated us. Tyler totally made up a story that we were getting these portraits done to display at the reception in 2 weeks. Hhe was hilarious... I just smiled and nodded.

When we were in the water one guy was on to us, he told us we were too attractive to really be getting married, I don't think that's what he meant because I just thought of all the weddding pictures I've seen and how everyone looks their best, not to mention celeb weddings in tabloids and stuff... I thought his logic was off, but nevertheless he caught us!

HHRose said...

Hey, remind us again what these were for? Too tired to do a blog search. ;o)

Kage said...

A test with a photographer friend for his portfolio and mine...

Rachel H said...

That looks like a blast. Great fun!
Lookin good girl!