Friday, September 04, 2009

Recording

Phoebe practiced her Vivaldi concerto all summer. When she arrived at the recording for a new pilot sponsored by Julliard, all the little ones were demoted to the EASY version.

She was really dissappointed, but I tried to help her look at the bright side. I'm not sure if she totally understood what was happening, but hopefully when she gets a chance to record again, she will remember sitting in her first orchestra, with a conductor, and playing a song multiple times for the recording.



The concerto featured a flute solo, and Miss Emma from somewhere that is NOT New York, was flown in to record with the orchestra. Talk about a prodigy, we were definitely in the presence of one:





Phoebe is not a prodigy, but she works hard and practices a lot. I am really proud of the progress she has made in 2 years. History tells me that she will make a big leap in the first half of the year, so I am looking forward to her December concert. Lolly is getting ready for her admissions test for Phoebe's school in a few weeks. If she gets in, I will be excited, but wait....that's a LOT more practicing added to my overflowing plate.

6 comments:

Chloe said...

Wow.

Lisa said...

I remember when you were a tad bit older and you and some other children recorded a song for AMOCO!

Janet said...

I could see it happening - the two girls practicing. Will be handy to have two violinists in the same family (especially since you already have a smaller one).

meredith said...

I thought Lolly was going to a different school from Phoebe??

Rachel H said...

Really beautiful flute! That is amazing! SO does this school basically put them on the fast track to Julliard themselves as well?

Kage said...

Meredith, yes my girls go to different schools, but I am hoping, for a multitude of reasons, that lolly tests into p's school. If it doesn't work out, I am super ok with her current school but I am 1 mom and will magically have to be in 2 places at once. ulliardRachel, Julliard? Sadly, the first graduating class had only 3 graduates and they all went to music schools, 1 to jull. High school proves challenging because they are main-streamed and their scholarship moves to extra curricular. A lot of the teachers have a history with julliard, so if a student was dedicated and saavy enough, they could certainly take advantage. There arevkidscfrom out of town who go to precollege at Julliard for the entire weekend. It's intense. P has a classmate whose parents both teach there I love them and if shevis J bound or not I will know because they will be honest with me and advise. She is 7 it's not something I spend time thinking about. Mostly I just want her to be happy.