Sunday, October 18, 2009

Thoughts for a Sunday Night.


~I would like to go on a vacation. My first choice: London-Paris.
~I would love to try the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses that Mr. Gilbert keeps facebooking about.
~I would like to know my future. Only about 1 specific thing. Okay, maybe a few other things too, but this one would be nice to have out of the way.
~Why are Lolly's teeth apparently rotten? Why does her dentist say she needs 1 filling and the next (pediatric) dentist give her 3 fillings, a baby root canal and crown, and make an appointment to do the same procedures on the other side? Am I being cheated?
~Why PTA? Why fundraisers?
~Why cannot I not get beyond knitting a scarf?
~When will there be time to become an expert at a dozen other skills?
~Why have I not booked a commercial since early 2008?
~Why does hot chocolate have to have calories?
~It would be funny if I asked the kids these questions tomorrow, or just asked them questions all day long, one after the other. That might make them freak out a little.
~Why is my tivo filled with Dateline, 20/20, 48 Hours and shows like that? Why haven't I watched them yet?
~Why can't there be more of healing? Less of hurt?
~Why won't someone deliver a baby to my doorstep so that I can take care of it for a while, and then give it back when it starts smelling like apple juice, mac n cheese and having tantrums?
~Why are there not just a few more hours in the day?
~Why did I have to see that man pee on the pole in the subway the other day? I cannot lean on a pole in the subway ever again. Ever. In fact, I have become a bit paranoid about leaning on anything.
~I hope that the Halloween appearances I am making will not be sabotaged by auditions that lead to nothing.
~Why can't I make my budget STURETCH a little farther?
~Why am I reading like 5 books at once?

7 comments:

HHRose said...

http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

This was the first project I worked on after a zillion scarves. The self-striping yarn is AWESOME, but if you don't want to spend the bucks, you can use any yarn that felts. If you have a yarn shop nearby, you can always pop in there to get help with techniques you don't know. Or try http://www.knittinghelp.com/

XOXO
H

Rachel H said...

Those are all very valid questions~~ =) ! Although if it were me I think I'd toss out the TIVO one...you don't need most of that trash anyway..too depressing!

Life is unexpected sometimes...I know I am a total idealist..and sometimes it's hard to wonder why everything isn't going the way I "expected". But I definately try to counter that with a dose of gratefulness for the things that I have/do/love. Have a happy week!

Natasha said...

This is why we get together and knit every other Thursday! We WILL make you branch out from scarves! HHRose had it right. knittinghelp.com is AWESOME. What do you want to knit? Sweaters? Hats? Socks? You name it and I'll find you a great pattern.

Oh, and Bella does not yet smell like apple juice and mac and cheese. you can have her for a while :-)

EWW EWW EWW. I also will never be able to lean on a subway pole ever again! EWW EWW EWW!!!

Four Words. . . .Swiss Miss Sugar Free Hot Chocolate. Tastes the same. Fewer calories. My mom swears by it! Ok, I guess that was more than 4 words!

Those were some great thoughts! Don't worry, things will work out!

jlk said...

I know from experience that the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses put everything into perspective.

Anonymous said...

you saw that man peeing on the pole for a reason! haha! i am in microbiology right now (nursing school aughh!)and i see the world & all its nasty lil' bacteria in a whole new light! i dont know you personally but just from being one of your blog followers i think you should write a book! id buy it!
christy

Kage said...

Christy, so he peed on the pole because that's less germy than a urinal? Look, I can turn off the OCD germ switch... I have to, living here, but sometimes when I witness it... I freak out a little.. Ah the book...working on it... When I was 13 I thought I wanted to write a book someday, now seems like a good time, I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous said...

i think my micro class has made my ocd germ switch (i totally have one too!)worse! lol!