Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Art

If you think it's weird that I am posting photos of my blue foot on my blog, then you obviously haven't been reading me since the post-my-placenta days over at Tales.

This is nothing....

but isn't it something? I tried to change the temperature of these photos to bring out the blue a bit, because the photos don't do it justice. I am amazed that the blue goes all the way to the toes and how the line is drawn right there at my heel.

Gotta keep my eyes open for the art.

While my foot heals, I engaged in a little art-making myself....

I am astounded that I made no mistakes, that my brain did not fail me, I could think this through and figure it out. I got the best Christmas colors with a gold stripe....I wanted it to be Grandma Kitsch, and I achieved it. My pattern-as-I-go approach actually looks planned!

This boot cozy....has been my bright spot.

4 comments:

Tracy M said...

I think the boot-cozy looks lovely with your patina foot and the red dancing shoes you bought. Nice job!

Linz said...

What an awesome creation! Wow!

So is the blue kind of part of the healing process?

hdknowles said...

I think you've hit on a new business venture. Those would have been great to wear during my recovery last year from knee surgery - I know that sounds strange, but having to keep the leg totally straight, it would have been nice to have something so festive to wear on my feet. Foot is looking good, in a healing sort of way. Sorry you won't be able to go to the parade this year, but think of how much better your foot will feel without the possibility of people stepping on it at the parade. There is a bright side to everything. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Sara said...

I'm diggin' the boot cozy :)