Monday, November 02, 2009

Refashion

RING, RING!
"Hello?"
"Hey mom, can you send me the skirt that you were wearing in that Christmas Eve picture from like 1984? I want to see if I can make it work for 2009!"
"Yes, and I am going to send you my first pair of name brand jeans-Calvin Kleins from 1980 too."

1984:
Check out the giant light bulb earrings!

2009:
I know, I can't get away from the socks. I just like them. I tried it without....


I would have loved to play around with the closet over at Fluevog....I'm sure I would have found the perfect pair of shoes!

My faves are 1 and 3. 1's sweater has music staffs and notes. I'm reusing the shoes from my wedding shoot, and the red skinny belt is from my Halloween costume! Skinny waist, courtesy of WEIGHTED HULA HOOP--seriously mom's-it's working on the leftover love-handles!

I think I can wear this outfit for the winter season, not just on Christmas Eve, but it may JUST have to be my Christmas Eve outfit, for old time's sake. Mom, still got those dresses Sister and I are wearing? Think Phoebz and Lollz would wear em?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh wow! I love 1,2,3,and 6. Now is this the 2009 version because you understand that the 1984 version wears the kilt pin in the front. You are going to rock it this holiday season in this vintage skirt! Can't wait to see the calvin klein designer jeans! ( even tho I have had a sneak peek) BTW, those plaid dresses are gone...

onehm said...

DARLING!!

And I totally had that EXACT same dress that you and your sis are wearing in the photo...

merathon said...

definitely #3. would never have thought of the socks, but they look perfect!

merathon said...

oh, and P.S.-- i love that your mom still has a skirt from 1984! maybe i should stop throwing clothes out so MY girls can call me up someday and make a request that i can come through on!