Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 12

One of my favorite songs to perform during the holidays is O Holy Night. I particularly enjoy the 2nd verse. The lyrics vary depending on which recording you listen to, but below are my preferred lyrics:


Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, with glowing hearts, by his cradle we stand.
So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming, here came the wisemen from orient land.
The king of kings lay thus in lowly manger, in all our trials born to be our friend.

He knows our need, to our weakness, no stranger.
Behold, your king, before the lowly bend.

Behold your king, your king. Before Him, bend.

Please enjoy the 2nd verse, sung by me.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I don't know where you found these pictures. They are so beautiful and I am now a puddle of tears.

hdknowles said...

I agree with your mom - the pictures are so serene. Nice to hear your angelic voice (especially since the emergency room is filled with patients who are not very kind today and are complaining about everything, and I get to listen to all the complaints today!)

Hope you all have a great Christmas, but we got more snow than you and with the current temperatures, it doesn't appear it will be melting anytime soon.