Saturday, December 05, 2009

Report.



The prayer breakfast went really well on Thursday!

After a restless sleep, worrying I would miss my 4:30 alarm, I stretched for a long while to combat the constant charlie-horse pain on my left calf. I also popped a handful of advil. The combination worked wonders on my pain, which stayed quiet until about 2 PM.

If you live in the area, you can see a re-broadcast of the event on Naperville Community Television, it's called 2009 Mayor's Prayer Breakfast.

I got several comments on the boot cozy:
"Did you know your shoes don't match?"
"Very festive cast!"
and from an older gentlemen who looked least likely to know: "Nice cozy!"
"Did you make that?"

In other events, I have been enjoying the first snow of the season, napping, and eating!

Just so you know, it's a big sacrifice to post this blog. The midwesterners have much slower internet.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

We have loved having you home. The Prayer Breakfast was a performance extrordinaire. We ordered the snow for you. Glad to share the snuggie. We've also enjoyed the food. And we are working on the internet!

Ann said...

did you feel like you were 15 again to be home without hubby or kids? so glad it went well!

Sara said...

I seriously can't believe how much you and your mom look alike. It's like looking at twins... Glad everything went well :)

kristi said...

I don't know if you already knew this, but I totally saw a picture of you on the CW show One Tree Hill. One of the characters has fertility issues and so she had a bunch of pamphlets and you were on the cover of one of them. I had to rewind it just to make sure that I saw correctly. I was excited to recognize you on it.