Wednesday, January 13, 2010

23 Months.

23 Months.

That's how long it's been since I have shot a commercial. That's my longest stretch since I started working in the commercial industry about 4 years ago.

At the end of February 2008 I shot two commercials in one week. One was for Visine and the other for Huggies. The next week I hit my head and started another journey completely.

I recovered for a few months, and then I started auditioning again. After I didn't book for a while, I cut my hair because I thought the long hair wasn't working. Then the recession hit. Auditions became pretty sparse. I made as many as I could and in 2009 I saw a high callback rate. I got put on hold a lot. I didn't book one commercial in 2009.

Before I broke my foot I thought; "This is my last chance, these are the last few weeks of the year, I could still do this! I could book something!" The broken foot was a bigger blow because I hadn't met my personal quota for the year, and the opportunities were cut short.

I am happy to report, the streak is over. Last week's audition made way for yesterday's callback and Friday's shoot! I booked it!

I was in the room for quite a while, and the director even rose out of her chair-always a good sign! I felt really great when I left, so hours later when the phone rang and it was my agent on the line---I didn't even let him get the words out, I just screamed! I knew it! I knew it! AAAAAAH! The product is new I think, so it will be fun to see what the commercial is like!

The tankini I wore for the audition I have worn for two other jobs, so it is now my lucky tankini.

To book a commercial in January is so great because I have all year to earn enough to qualify for the BEST INSURANCE ON THE PLANET. And we all know, if anyone needs the best insurance on the planet, it's ME.


13 comments:

kj said...

Congratulations tankini girl! It is a good sign.

hymas fam said...

congratulations!

Saundi said...

So excited for you!! Congrats!! :)

Petit Elefant said...

That's fantastic, congratulations!

Although, the thought of wearing a tankini for an audition makes me sweat a little.

Linz said...

That is wonderful!!!!

Alisa said...

Woohoo for you! I have used mederma on my son after his lip and nose surgery, but have not heard of it for stretch marks.

leah z said...

You might make a lot of new friends if you start getting free product!

Sara said...

Awwwww, so happy for you! Congrats, Tankini Girl (BTW, this is what I am now calling you)

Lisa said...

Shout out from the Parental Units!

wendysue said...

Fantastic! Can't wait to see it!

kristie sessions said...

Wahoo!! Congrats! What a great way to start a new year. 2010 feels good for you!

margo said...

Congratulations!! I'm so anxious to see the commercial. Do you know where it will be shown? And more importantly..I want to see this tankini..do you have a pic of it?

Kage said...

margo, you are funny....you know my new blog is over at wordpress for now right? Just making sure. I will send you a pic of the tankini...